Windows Systems Engineer
FedHill has partnered with the premier global nonprofit organization committed to exploring and protecting our planet.
This is a 7-month contract position with the potential to go longer or convert to a full-time employee position.
FedHill is seeking a Windows Systems Engineer. This is a technical position responsible for providing Tier 2 support for Windows OS computers, Android mobile devices, and multifunction printers. This includes break/fix incident support, service requests, operating system configuration, application installation, security tuning and encryption, as well as end-user and Tier 1 staff training. Other responsibilities include testing and distributing configuration changes, updates/patches, software application packages, scripts, and other automated tasks. This role will also provide technical support for Museum hardware and software which requires working occasional evening hours.
Additional responsibilities include following established protocols for tracking assets, investigating and mitigating cyber-security incidents, creating change requests, performing both reactive and proactive problem management, and participating in IT projects.
This position will be required to participate in on-call rotations for non-business hours as well as Tier 1 service desk shifts as needed.
- Tier 2 Windows/Android Technical Support: Performs Tier 2 break/fix incident support and service requests for Windows and Android hardware and software. Uses remote management tools to provide user support when escalated from the Service Desk. Creates documentation and knowledge articles and performs mentoring and training activities to assist users and Tier 1 staff.
- Production Device Support: Uses management tools to perform routine maintenance tasks for ensuring corporate devices are patched and updated. Uses automation software to run approved scripts, deploy application packages, install software, and make system configuration changes. Works with senior staff to test operating system and application configurations to create master device images. Configures malware protection and file encryption applications, and investigates, remediates, or escalates as necessary when security alerts arise. Performs inventory management and asset tracking.
- Museum Support: Provides break/fix support for incidents and service requests for Museum technologies, as well as on-site technical support for live events which will require occasional evening hours.
Minimum Education Required
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
Minimum Years and Type of Experience
At least five years’ experience with integrating and supporting Windows computers, printers, and peripherals, including three years’ experience in an enterprise environment. Experience with market leading Windows/Android hardware and software management systems, preferably Kace, SCCM, or Ivanti solutions. Experience with Active Directory Group Policy, scripting, and automation tools to accomplish routine device configuration tasks.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Hands-on technical experience supporting Windows and Android devices in an enterprise environment is required.
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment subject to changes in schedules and priorities.
- Ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently from inception to completion with limited management supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact positively and productively with teams across organizational lines.
- Strong customer service, troubleshooting and problem solving a must.
- CompTIA A+ Certification or equivalent required.
- ITIL v3 certification and/or experience with IT Service Management a plus.
FedHill is an EO employer- M/F/Vets/Disabled
Pay: $60,000 to $80,000/year
$60000 to $80000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time