FedHill is in need of a Windows Systems Administrator to join an elite team in Arlington, VA.
Maintains Windows computing environment by identifying system requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring Windows system performance.
* Establishes Windows system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing Windows system infrastructure.
* Establishes Windows system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems; defining Windows system and operational policies and procedures.
* Maintains Windows system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running Windows system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
* Secures Windows system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
* Prepares users by designing and conducting Windows training programs; providing references and support.
* Upgrades Windows system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
* Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- IT Specialist with Microsoft Systems Engineering experience, minimum 5 years of implementation/configuration in an enterprise environment.
- 5+ years experience applying patches and security upgrades to Windows servers.
- Solid technical knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Proven technical knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Deep technical skills in key areas of infrastructure (servers, virtualization, networking, security, storage, remote access, disaster recovery, etc.)
- Collaborate well with others with the ability to define, document, and clearly communicate overall engineering decisions and direction.
- Expert experience w/ application integration on Microsoft Windows platforms; engineering design for operations effectiveness in business-critical environments.
- Familiarity with Virtualization technology.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to acquire and maintain a Public Trust Clearance which includes a residency requirement of living in the U.S. for at least 3 out of the last 5 years.
- Current DHS suitability preferred.
FedHill is an EO employer- M/F/Vets/Disabled