Technical Instructor (WHCA Training Academy)
The instructor/facilitator provides mission critical, technical, and operational/specialty training in a scenario-based, progressive learning environment. Instructor/facilitator develops and delivers WHCA academy specific courses.
This position is responsible for creating and delivering classroom experiences in CompTIA Net+ & Sec+ technical courses, engaging learners to think and understand the relevance and context of what they learn.
- Provides and supports blended learning methods, collaborative problem-centered instruction, and continual reinforcement of WHCA course competencies;
- Tailors learning to the individual learner’s experience and competence level based on the results of a pretest and/or assessment;
- Develops syllabus to enhance student learning;
- Adapts recommended physical or virtual classroom set-up according to specific learner and organizational needs;
- Develops Weekly Lesson Plans; Instruction Contingency Plan depicting the sequence of instruction required for program completion;
- Develops Course Outlines, Lesson Plans, Competency Tests, Course Template, Written Instructional Plan;
- Delivers Written Student Performance/Course Evaluation Report, Performance Rubrics, Assessment Blueprints, and Training Metrics Report.
- Current TS/SCI with Presidential Support Duty (PSD) clearance (a.k.a., Yankee White Clearance);
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of education/training (preferred, experience may be substituted);
- Must hold industry standard certifications (Military service instructors/facilitators certification course, national or state level teacher’s certification, or CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+) Classroom Trainer and Virtual Classroom Trainer);
- Facilitators supporting the technical department must have CompTIA Network + and Sec+ certificates.
No travel required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.