|Federal Hill Consulting is looking for a Systems Administrator in Washington, DC.|
Summary of Position:
The Systems Administrator plays a critical role in maintaining software applications and solutions. Activities include asset management, account management, configuration management, content management, system maintenance, system monitoring, troubleshooting, change control, end-user training and assistance, desktop support, and system documentation.
- Perform desktop deployments, using imaging software; update images as needed to stay current with updates, security patches, and other tools.
- Perform software distributions, including OS and applications upgrades.
- Deploy software applications to all clients using GPO and other mass deployment methodologies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Windows Server, Active Directory, and Group Policy.
- Configure and manage Meraki wireless access points, including load monitoring and rebalancing, recommending upgrades/additions as needed.
- Configure and tune monitoring of IT operations using automated monitoring tools (Solarwinds) and respond to alerts, with proper internal and vendor escalations, including after-hours.
- Act as first line of endpoint decontamination taskforce following a security breach event of client workstations.
- Perform system hardening techniques to secure client workstations.
- Manage user entitlements, including account activation/deactivation, monitoring for account dormancy, etc. for all systems in the IT portfolio. This includes on premise systems and cloud services.
- Periodic log and monitoring trends analysis.
- Maintain asset management databases for hardware assets and software licenses.
- Maintain A/V setup for presentations; work with staff to educate, train, and troubleshoot A/V presentations on weekly basis.
- Assist with administration of AWS cloud environment: manage VPC, security groups, EC2, EBS, snapshots, load balancers, etc.
- 5 years of experience in system administration activities preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/training preferred
- Microsoft certification preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need