Summary of Position:
The Staffing Specialist provides consultation services on the impact of decisions related to federal recruitment strategies and the use of Special Hiring Authorities.
- Conducts job analyses and assists in the development of automated interview assessments, and implements all aspects of recruitment to hire functions such as the preparation of referral lists for vacancy candidates, collects and prepares applicant packets for panel review, coordinates subject matter experts when necessary, monitors selection processes, processes selections, presents job offers, and sends notifications of non-selection;
- Determines effective recruitment strategies; utilizing Special Hiring Authorities; adjudicating applications to determine veteran's preference; conducts job analyses; develops policy and standard operating procedures; and implements all phases of recruitment to hire functions;
- Provides authoritative management advisory services, which includes researching, analyzing and evaluating the issues, determining applicable precedents, recommending innovative methods and strategies to resolve complex integrated human resources problems, and identifying the most effective approach;
- Drafts a variety of reports, letters, memoranda, and other correspondence on a full range of sensitive management issues;
- Prepares vacancy/job opportunity announcements, determines applicants' eligibility and qualifications, ranks candidates and refers highly-qualified candidates for selection;
- Meets and deals with managers and employees at all levels in situations of a highly sensitive nature.
- At least 5 years of applied experience specific to Federal staffing operations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience developing detailed formal reports for submission to supervision; facilitating collaborative workshops; providing telephone support; and providing briefings and presentations.
- Considered an expert in their field, can assess expertise-related problems and recommend viable solutions, and can work independently on assignments with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Proficient in the use of Windows-based computer platforms (most recent version of Microsoft Windows and all preceding versions) and have experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Most recent version and all preceding versions);
- Active delegated examining unit certification or the ability to get certified is required;
- Bachelor's or higher degree.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.