Senior Systems Engineer
Federal Hill Consulting seeks a Senior Systems Engineer (SSE) to support the IEWS-D program at Fort Belvoir, VA. The SSE will perform and develop tests for new and/or modified products or product components. The SSE investigates and resolves operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel. Participates in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop requirements from project inception to its conclusion such as a Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) and other related acquisition documents.
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) support on the design, configuration, and functionality of consolidated/converged systems, both hardware and software, to ensure that systems are designed and developed to work optimally and efficiently.
- Participate in all design review activities and provide expert advice and recommendations and provide system engineering level oversight in the conduct of these activities.
- Deliverables include, but are not limited to, Systems Engineering Plan (SEP), Interface Control Documentation, Weekly Status Reports, documentation of technical issues and plans to mitigate same, technical notes, white papers and studies, and other typical documentation as required in a program office.
- Provide expert feedback and recommendations
- Provide integral support in the requirements determination, conceptualization, design, development, testing, verification, and documentation of modeling and simulation-based decision support system applications.
- May provide work leadership for lower level employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required.
- 5 years of related experience within the last 8 years
- Familiarity with Biometrics and/or Intelligence, Sensors- type systems
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret level. Candidates with Secret will be considered but must be eligible for Top Secret. US Citizenship is a requirement for a clearance at this location.
FedHill is an EO employer- M/F/Vets/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time