Senior Oracle Database Administrator
FedHill seeks a senior Oracle DBA to join an elite team working in Arlington, VA.
The Oracle DBA will need to be able to take general requirements from the team lead and/or project manager, work with business analysts and fellow team members to clarify and expand the requirements to determine the best and most efficient user interface design and core business functionality to support the requirements. This candidate will design and implement changes, perform system testing and work with the configuration management team to promote (migrate) the changes through multiple environments (development, test, production). The candidate will design and implement changes in the Oracle environment, perform system testing and promote and implement application and infrastructure changes.
- Support the development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts for web-based software development projects using Oracle technologies.
- Design, coding, and testing technical business solutions.
- Identifying system deficiencies and recommending solutions.
- Scheduling project tasks and meeting aggressive development deadlines.
- Experience with the complete software development life-cycle (SDLC) process.
- Follow an Agile Development Methodology (e.g. Scrum Framework).
- Providing feedback on team member technical support to management.
- Coordinate with other teams on project work.
- Strong analytical experience to delve into and troubleshoot application issues and problems to resolve in a timely manner and support different phases of testing.
- Ability to learn the application functionality and system architecture – (servers, databases, network structure, security configuration(s)) and application coding, and lead troubleshooting efforts to resolve issues.
- Ability to learn complex applications to allow for execution of Systems Integrated Testing (SIT) for validating code changes made by the developers on the team.
- Responsible to learn the Change Management processes for promotion of application or infrastructure changes.
- Provide project management estimates to management, team members, and customers.
Mandatory Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- This position requires a Bachelors’ degree in information systems, business, computer science, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing, researching, testing, implementing and/or integrating new information technology to support business systems.
- Experience in Agile Development (e.g. Scrum Framework)
- Minimum of 5 years infrastructure and architecture experience (e.g. application environments, servers, databases, network structure, and security configuration) to lead troubleshooting efforts in the event there is a system outage.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with user-defined functions, stored procedures, triggers.
- Experience with complex applications to allow for execution of different phases of testing of code or configuration changes made by the developers to the application or infrastructure.
- Experience in a variety of tools supporting Change Management for promotion of application or infrastructure changes.
- Experience working with different versions of (10g,11g, 12c) Oracle Databases and Relational Databases including setup, inquiries, and upgrades.
- Experience in application project task estimates.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to interact with team, management and customers.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to acquire and maintain a Public Trust Clearance which includes a residency requirement of living in the U.S. for at least 3 out of the last 5 years.
- Current DHS Public Trust preferred.
- Experience with Redshift and Jasper a plus, but not required.
Job Status: Full Time