Senior DevOps Engineer
Federal Hill Consulting is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who is passionate about the confluence of automation, virtualization, and process improvement, ruthless in the elimination of manual tasks, and wants to help create and promote a culture of learning and experimentation.
You might be the right person for this role if:
- You have an irresistible urge to automate all the things – one click or one command should be all it takes, right?
- You love helping people with different perspectives work together to build high quality working software and deliver it into production quickly and frequently to help their organization win.
- You get “what” DevOps is, but you’re more interested in “why” DevOps.
- Be passionate about building cutting edge solutions to solve problems with the right technologies.
- Employ the values and principles of Agile development in a team environment.
- Support quality development practices and pursue new and better ways to build and deploy software.
- Optimize continuous deployment practices currently in place on web applications teams
- Use what works while keeping an eye out for new and better ways.
- Assist developers in deployment of Ruby on Rails, Python, Java, Node.JS, and C# web based environments.
Agile Engineering is a way of life for us; we turn modern best practices into reality for our clients. We're looking for driven, motivated engineers to join our growing DevOps team who can exhibit the following:
- Experience developing web applications and services using Python, Java, Ruby, NodeJS, or C#.
- Understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and how to build them.
- Understanding of continuous integration tools like Jenkins or TeamCity.
- Understanding of monitoring and alerting systems such as NewRelic and CloudWatch.
- Experience with Shell scripting.
- Understanding of scalable web application architecture and infrastructure.
- Understanding of configuration management tools like Chef or Puppet.
- Proven ability and willingness to learn and become certified in architecting cloud-based solutions using AWS or Azure.
- Open source Github projects showing us you’re interested in learning new technologies is a plus.
- 4-year college degree in computer science or engineering is preferred.
FedHill is an EO employer- M/F/Vets/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time