Senior Data Engineer
Federal Hill Consulting is looking for a Senior Data Engineer in Washington, DC.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists. They will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
They will work with analytical teams to gather technical requirements for both capabilities and tools, as well as, accessing and prioritizing ingest of data assets. They will work with the infrastructure and enterprise architect teams to develop and build out the enterprise platform. The will advise the CDO on technical solutions and tradeoffs, liaise with the Enterprise Architecture to ensure standards are met, and work closely with the Security and Policy teams to ensure the organization is in compliance with their policies. In addition, they will work closely with the modernization product leads to ensure the data needs for the analytical teams is built into the modernized application.
In addition, they will help establish and implement metadata strategy aligned with EA strategy to ensure clear visibility into mapping of data assets to applications, and understanding of impact of changes to data models
- Oversee the buildout of the enterprise Data Warehouse/API strategy
- Work with the analytics teams to prioritize data assets
- Manage contractors and oversee solution delivery
- Optimizing data ingest and ETL processes to ensure our products have maximum performance
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Navigate conflicting priorities and provide recommendations to the CDO when necessary
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Work with the Enterprise Architect to establish modeling standards, data quality standards, data integration patterns or transactional and analytical systems.
- Prepare polished technical and non-technical status reports and presentations for senior management.
- 12+ years of experience in data management or data architecture
- Experience managing vendors/contractors
- Experience with feature/product ownership
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience writing clear and effective proposals, policies, research summaries, etc.
- Development experience with MuleSoft and Informatica preferred; MicroStrategy a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent coursework in data management/computer science
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Pay: $135,000 to $145,000/year
$135000 to $145000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time