SCALA Developers Senior and Mid
Federal Hill Consulting has partnered with an innovative Software Development firm in search of Scala Developers both Senior and Mid-level in Arlington, VA.
- Use your passion to build cutting edge solutions to solve problems with the right technologies.
- Employ the values and principles of Agile development on small teams.
- Support quality development practices and pursue new and better ways to build software.
- Understand and follow emerging design to appropriately meet the business needs of our clients.
- Use what works while keeping an eye out for new and better ways.
- Actively participate in improving the code base by performing code reviews.
- Reach outside the mainstream to adopt the best of all communities: open source, Agile, programming, etc.
- Continuously improve and don't be content with the status quo. Code can always be better expressed, more elegant and simple, and higher in quality.
- Build web and mobile products for commercial and government clients in the DC metro area.
- 4+ years of functional programming experience and a 4 year college degree (preferred)
- 6+ years of web development experience in Scala, Python, Ruby, or Java
- Development of REST web services using either Play Framework or Akka HTTP Server (preferred)
- Strong database skills with MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Familiarity with actor model of concurrency
- Familiarity with Scala ORM’s like Slick, Squeryl, or SkinnyORM
- Cloud – we work on GitHub and AWS
- DevOPs and Continuous Delivery tools – Jenkins, TravisCI, Docker container repositories
- Experience working with HTML5 and CSS3
- Build automation with Simple Build Tool (SBT)
- Automated testing with either ScalaTest or Specs2
- Familiarity with functional design patterns – using monads, chaining operations, case classes, and comprehensions.
Job Status: Full Time