Federal Hill Consulting has partnered with an innovative Software Development firm in search of Ruby Developers in Arlington, VA.
· Use your passion to build cutting edge solutions to solve problems with the right technologies.
· Employ the values and principles of Agile development on small teams.
· Support quality development practices and pursue new and better ways to build software.
· Understand and follow emerging design to appropriately meet the business needs of our clients.
· Actively participate in improving the code base by performing code reviews.
· Reach outside the mainstream to adopt the best of all communities: open source, Agile, programming, etc.
· Continuously improve and don't be content with the status quo. Code can always be better expressed, more elegant and simple, and higher in quality.
· Six plus (6+) years of experience in developing scalable and high-performing web applications.
· Four (4) year college degree in computer science or engineering is preferred.
· Direct experience with Ruby on Rails or similar web frameworks for rapidly developing web applications.
· Experience with REST and/or SOAP based APIs consumption and creation in Rails.
· Strong database skills with MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
· Deep commitment to test driven development using tools like Cucumber, RSpec, Capybara, Watir, or MiniTest.
· Design skills with experience in object-oriented methodologies, design patterns, database design, and data modeling.
· Cloud - including GitHub, Heroku, AWS, Azure.
· NoSQL - MongoDB, Redis, etc.
· DevOps and Continuous Delivery tools - Jenkins/TeamCity, Vagrant, Puppet/Chef/etc.
Job Status: Full Time