Federal Hill Consulting has partnered with a premiere Financial Technology Organization to build a team of Big Data Analysts in Rockville, MD. In order to operate with ever improving effectiveness, the team operates in a rich culture of performance and innovation. Collaboration within the team and with business stakeholders is abundant, with significant independence offered in order to experiment with better ways of conducting technology for business value. Technological and career growth opportunities are a natural and every day part of the working environment.
- Construct queries to gain an understanding of data sets, discover data anomalies, and look for ways to leverage data in support of the organization's regulatory mission.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for specific surveillance products.
- Analyze impacts of enhancements, issues, or changes to data or surveillance products.
- Interact with stakeholders to understand data cases, document and review requirements, and elicit feedback.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and develop an understanding of stakeholder needs for advocacy and planning.
- Use statistical and other advanced techniques to analyze and interrogate data for business insights.
- Assimilate and present results and conclusions to a variety of business and technical stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the delivery team throughout the SDLC process.
- Experience manipulating and querying large data sets with one or more programming languages such as Scala, Python, or SQL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including documentation.
- Proficiency with Big Data and Cloud technologies.
- Ability to work independently to solve complex problems involving multiple stakeholders.
- Innate curiosity about data and anomaly detection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need