Product Manager (Banking industry)
FedHill seeks a Product Manager for a Financial Regulatory Organization in Washington, DC.
The Product Manager is the voice of the business customer throughout all phases of the product development lifecycle. This role requires 100% dedication to the project and is considered an Executive Level position.
The Product Manager facilitates discussions between various internal and external groups to elicit feedback on current and future product features. They also serve as the primary communication conduit for those stakeholders. A Product Manager who is knowledgeable in customer needs, portfolio work, collaboration, and the dynamic nature of requirements in an Agile setting is critical to the success of these projects and the resulting products.
- Help develop the program vision, identify customer needs, and define and prioritize high-level features.
- Work closely with the Agile PgMO and the Steering Committee to drive the product vision.
- Create and manage the program backlog, representing the voice of the customer throughout the software development life-cycle.
- Coordinate with Product Owners and customers frequently, to validate that customer needs are communicated effectively and validated in the developed product.
- Support the development of a prioritized Program Backlog, including the development of features, acceptance criteria and scenarios for the Product Owners and development teams to decompose into user stories.
- Work closely with the Product Owners from scrum teams, delegating decision-making authority for fast, local content decisions and communicating program-level decisions.
- Define releases and program increments, including new features and architectural enhancements that enable further development of the product. Understand the scope of enabler work to the extent needed to support decision- making and work sequencing.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other Product Managers, to avoid duplication and manage dependencies.
- Help review product Net Promoter Scores and Quality metrics on a regular basis and plan with the team on corrective measures to improve the same keeping in mind the company-specific quality gates and metrics
- Facilitate collaboration sessions between multiple stakeholders around Product and Feature development
- Present the program vision and roadmap at collaborative planning sessions between all scrum teams for each program increment. Work with Product Owners to approve objectives for each program increment and establish the business value for those objectives.
- Attend and actively participate in system demos, assess metrics, and evaluate the business value achieved during each program increment.
- Be involved in regulatory interpretation and monitoring, client support, change request prioritization and selection, and monitoring and responding to e-Communities postings
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders and business owners to understand their needs.
- Build cross-organizational awareness of product issues and organizational readiness for a software product release.
- Continually monitor and refine the product while in market.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true need.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders such as data and IT architects to align product and platform architectures and capabilities according to agreed goals for nonfunctional requirements.
- Assist the Controller and Assistant Controller with financial analysis
- BA/BS Degree
- 8+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years of experience working with bank regulation and supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge of product management discipline
- 4+ years working in or with lean and agile software delivery teams
- Experience working with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Strong written and oral skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage, influence and deliver results
- Experience working closely with executive leadership
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members up to and including the executive-level
- Must be eligible to obtain or currently possess a U.S. Government clearance at the Public Trust Moderate (NACI) level or higher
- Must be a United States Citizen
Job Status: Full Time