Performance Test Engineer
Federal Hill Consulting is looking for a Performance Test Engineer to work with the team in Rockville, MD.
The Performance Test Engineer will work on automating, measuring, analyzing, and optimizing the performance and scalability of several web applications running on the AWS cloud. The Performance engineer will also be responsible for working with development, Test teams and operations team on architecting and developing large-scale performance testing projects, overseeing their implementation and remediating performance issues. This role requires a comprehensive understanding of application design, infrastructure, AWS cloud computing and operations. The ideal candidate is highly technical and has a proven commitment to quality with a solid understanding of test concepts, software architecture and familiar with the latest software development methodologies, technologies and application performance analysis.
Primary responsibilities will be to develop the Performance and Load/Stress test strategy and automated test scripts. This role collaborates very closely with many teams to create performance test plans based on application behavior and potential performance issues and delivers performance test results by utilizing industry standard load testing and profiling tools.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes performance requirements, translate into detailed performance test plans and create test scripts
- Identifies application performance bottlenecks and facilitate root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrence.
- Creates solutions and conduct performance tests to improve availability, performance, reliability, capacity and scalability in the application, system or database layers
- Experience with performance monitoring tools across a wide variety of technologies.
- Analyzes test results with engineers, product managers, other stakeholders and coordinates with the respective teams for performance tuning, memory leaks and bug fixes.
- Understands system’s technical architecture, and able to identify the performance implications for different layers of system based on design discussions or architecture documents.
- Creates and maintains test framework and scripts for Load, Stress and Endurance/soak tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent with demonstrated knowledge of algorithms, information systems and basic programming concepts
- 3 years of experience in Functional and/or Automation Testing and Performance Engineering
- 3 years of experience in Performance, Load, Stress and Endurance test planning, scripting and execution
- Knowledge of Java deployment structures (Jar, War…)
- Experience with Cloud based load testing - JMeter, Gatling & Selenium or ideally Subject-7’s Proof
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
FedHill is an EO employer- M/F/Vets/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time