Pattern Developer- Big Data
Federal Hill Consulting has partnered with an elite financial organization to build a team of Big Data Pattern Developers in Rockville, MD. All candidates should have strong SQL/ UNIX, Java, Python or Scala programming experience with Hadoop/ Map-Reduce and/or HIVE.
Developer will be responsible for analyzing requirements, prototyping data analysis solutions (primarily in Spark, Hive SQL, and UNIX scripting), designing, developing and unit testing solutions, and facilitating solution deployment and support. Candidates need to have strong capabilities in programming (Java, Python or Scala), UNIX scripting, and experience in SQL (preferably Oracle or Postgres). Candidates should have experience with the Hadoop ecosystem and working with large data sets. The system will consist of batch analytic processing on large sets of data.
· Required: 5+ years IT experience
· Required: Bachelors of Science. Graduate level degrees in Mathematics/ Statistics highly preferred
· Required: Programming - Java / C++ / Scala/ Python
· Required: Experience with Hadoop / Map-Reduce and/or HIVE
· Required: SQL Development
· Required: Unix / Shell scripting
· Required: Designing distributed solutions for parallel processing of large data
· Required: Full SDLC Experience (requirements analysis, design, development, unit testing, deployment, support)
· Required: Good communication skills
· Preferred: Big-Data technologies, Cloud Computing
· Preferred: Test driven development
· Preferred: Understanding NASDAQ/ Capital Markets/ Market Structures
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.