The NOC Engineer helps to expand, maintain, and troubleshoot an International Internet backbone in a 24x7 operations environment. The North American NOC is responsible for layer 2 and layer 3 globally, and layer 1 for North America.
- Troubleshoots layer 1, layer 2 and layer 3 issues. Works with field engineers, other providers, and directly on IP and Optical equipment to achieve maximum network uptime and swift resolution of all issues
- Uses policies and procedures to help organize which items are completed first depending on the policies on urgency
- Takes escalations from the Customer Service team to help resolve customer issues in a swift and efficient manner
- Uses industry tools such to help diagnose and record network issues
- Helps to monitor, sort, and document items that come into the NOC email box with others on the team
- Is responsible for completing network maintenances to add capacity, upgrade equipment, troubleshoot fiber, and hardware problems
- The ideal candidate will be a seasoned NOC technician or NOC engineer with strong hands-on technical skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills are required. The ability to identify and analyze problems swiftly on Cisco equipment from layer 1 to layer 3 is absolutely key to being successful as a NOC Engineer on the team
- Technical Expertise: Optical experience on Cisco 15454 equipment including troubleshooting hardware problems and circuit building and management through a MSTP network. Strong working knowledge of IP, including IP network architecture, routing protocols, peering relationships, DNS, and network monitoring tools is required
- Equipment Expertise: Strong working knowledge of Cisco switches, routers and transport equipment like the ASR9000 router, 7600 series routers, 6500 series switches , 4900 series switches, 3550 series switches, 15454 transport equipment
- A working knowledge of optical transport networks is desired
- Familiarity with the internet service provider industry and telephone companies is necessary
- Effective written and verbal communications skills are required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience, certifications and training
- Experience: 5-10 years of IP Backbone experience preferably in a Network Operations Center environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.