Network Customer Support Engineer
FYI is building a team of Customer Support Engineers, who will be based out of Washington, DC. They will be a member of a team that works directly with our customers via phone and e-mail to respond to and resolve their service-related issues. This position requires an individual with good verbal and written communication skills, who is self-motivated and is able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• Answer incoming phone calls from customers on their Layer 1, 2, and 3 services. • Work with customers via phone and e-mail to identify and resolve their service-related issues.
• Clearly document all steps taken to identify and resolve a customer reported issue.
• Manage a queue of customer-created tickets, ensuring that customers are updated with their status and progress is being made towards resolving their issue.
• Work with and coordinate effectively with all members of the Customer Support team, other teams, as well as vendors in order to ensure swift resolution of customer issues.
• Ability to work professionally with customers, vendors, and internal groups under all circumstances.
• Manage customer expectations and escalation and de-escalate the situation as necessary. • Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
• The ideal candidate must possess a B.S. degree in Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications/training, or work experience.
• Cisco equipment experience and certifications (CCNA) will be highly valued.
• Strong technical knowledge in the area of networking (TCP/IP), IP protocols (BGP, IGP, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS...), IP addressing, DNS's and IP-VPN's is desired.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service to Customers.
• Must excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are required for success.
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
• Reliable employment history with strong attendance and punctuality records.
• Availability to work on a shift including one Weekend day. (Flexibility a MUST).
This position is located in Washington, DC Headquarters.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.