Network Administrator (TS required)
Federal Hill Consulting seeks a Top Secret cleared Network Administrator for Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota. Supports the design, installation, maintenance, and administration of internal computer systems and networks in a multi-protocol LAN/WAN environment. Provides consultation and support for network and computer operations, design, planning and maintenance.
- Basic configuration, monitoring, maintenance and analysis of data processing equipment, databases and video systems.
- Provide end-to-end support for remote users of specialized remote control computer systems.
- Installation and upgrades to operating systems and other application software in a LAN/WAN client/server environment. LAN/WAN security requirements through proper software/hardware tools and procedures including router and firewall management.
- Help Desk support, including troubleshooting and problem resolution, for all LAN/WAN hardware and software.
- Research and contribute recommendations for products for evaluation, testing, implementation and integration.
- Maintain and manage cross platform inter-connectivity including communication protocols, directory services and log in authentication.
- Connectivity via TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NDS, NT Domain strategies and protocols.
- Associate’s Degree or a combination of academic, military or technical training PLUS two (2) years’ IT experience.
- Security+ Certification is required.
- Fundamental knowledge in the maintenance and management of LAN/WAN computer software / hardware and video systems is required.
- Familiarity with network topology, communication standards, multi-protocol client server, data transmission technology, and routers/switches.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) desired.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including writing recommendations, reports, purchase justifications, memos, and miscellaneous documentation.
- Location requires a valid state issued driver’s license.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Requires an active Top Secret DoD security clearance. Must be eligible for Sensitive Compartmental Information (SCI) designation, which includes successfully passing a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). US Citizenship is a requirement for clearance at this location.
FedHill is an EO employer- M/F/Vets/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time