Federal Hill Consulting has partnered with an elite Software Development firm to build a team of Java Software Engineers in Rockville, MD. Come join a leading team in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), system integration, and software development.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform application development and support
- Understand and apply development design patterns.
- Understand and apply design disciplines including Object-Oriented Design and Analysis ad Domain-Driven Design
- Understand and leverage common architectural styles and patterns (Layered, Clean, CRUD, CQRS, etc)
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, java performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Problem and modification identification, classification, and prioritization
- Detailed analysis of the modification to determine impact, feasibility, and alternatives
- Design modification and execution of solution
- Testing of the application as required when changes are made to the application, its infrastructure or interfacing systems
- Provide the modification as part of a release package for installation in the operational environment.
- Data quality and data management
- Creation and maintenance of system documentation and artifacts
- Disaster recovery testing
- Provide support of critical production issues
- Work well on small, high-performing teams
- Bachelor's Degree in an associated discipline and a preferred minimum of 2 years related experience with Javva Development.
- Java 7 and 8, Hibernate, Maven, Oracle, REST Services, Spring
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust credential
- Vaadin, Spring Boot, Docker, Amazon Web Services, JOOQ experience in a continuous integration environment.
- Scripting languages and experience (Ruby, Python, etc)
- Desirable technologies: Servlet, JSP, SOAP, JBPM5, Drools, Jquery, JMS, Apache Lucene/SOLR, ElasticSearch
FedHill is an EO employer- M/F/Vets/Disabled