- Use your passion to build cutting edge solutions to solve problems with the right technologies.
- Employ the values and principles of Agile development on small teams.
- Support quality development practices and pursue new and better ways to build software.
- Understand and follow emerging design to appropriately meet the business needs of our clients.
- Use what works while keeping an eye out for new and better ways.
- Actively participate in improving the code base by performing code reviews.
- Reach outside the mainstream to adopt the best of all communities: open source, Agile, programming, etc.
- Continuously improve and don't be content with the status quo. Code can always be better expressed, more elegant and simple, and higher in quality.
Join us to work on small Agile teams and use your passion to build game changing web and mobile products for commercial and government clients in the DC metro area. We are currently looking for full stack Java developers that are excited to be part of a team. Qualifications include:
- 4+ years of web development experience and a 4 year college degree (preferred).
- Web development experience in Java and/or Groovy, Scala, Clojure, etc.
- Full stack development using the Spring Framework.
- Strong database skills with MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Cloud – we work on GitHub, Heroku, AWS, Azure.
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery tools – Jenkins/TeamCity, Vagrant, Puppet/Chef/etc.
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP based APIs consumption and creation.
- Build automation with Gradle or Maven.
- Automated testing with Cucumber, JUnit, Selenium, etc.
- Design skills with experience in object-oriented methodologies, design patterns, database design, and data modeling.
FedHill is an EO employer- M/F/Vets/Disabled