Human Resources Assistant
Summary of Position
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for performing a full range of technical and administrative human resources management services relating to coding and processing personnel actions.
- Codes and processes a variety of personnel actions (accessions, promotions, reassignments, change-to-lower grade, etc.) as outlined in the Guide to Processing Personnel Actions, and the staffing/recruitment process;
- Codes and processes through an automated personnel system HR personnel actions ( e.g. accessions, promotion, reassignment, change-to-lower grade or any other type of HR action as outlined in the Guide to Processing Personnel Actions and DEA/DOJ Guidance as it relates to the automated HR personnel system;
- Prepares tentative/final offer letters;
- Prepares case files as outlined by agency’s guidance;
- Closes case files as outlined by agency’s guidance;
- Collaborates with DEA HR (HR Specialists) in conjunction with managers/supervisors on the development of vacancy announcements, job assessments/job analysis for one-grade interval positions at the GS-10 level and below;
- Drafts vacancy announcement utilizing eRecruit system (USAStaffing);
- Extends tentative/final offer letters;
- Establishes entrance on duty dates and requests release dates (if applicable)
- Conducts qualifications review for single-graded positions at the GS-10 level and below;
- Issues delegated examining and/or merit promotion certificates;
- Utilizes the USAStaffing On-Boarding system for new hires;
- Prepares pre-employment packages as outlined in DEA guidance;
- Requests required position management information from the Classification and Position Management Unit for competitive actions.
- An Associate's Degree with 4 years of experience, or BA/BS with 2 years of experience degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.