Federal Hill Consulting is looking for a Help Desk Specialist that will be based out of Washington, D.C. They will be the first level response to end-users with software and hardware related issues. Must have excellent troubleshooting skills, well-organized and the ability to multi-task. Help Desk Specialist must have excellent oral and written communication skills in providing support for end-users. Must be able to document, track and resolve issues in a timely fashion. This position has frequent contact with customers, managers, executives, independent vendors and is very hands-on.
Additional duties include, but not limited to:
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 Help Desk services and support.
- Resolve complex service requests relating to company assets, mobile devices, peripherals and related applications.
- Interact with customers to manage customer satisfaction; provide guidance, assistance, and follow-up on customer inquiries; and assist in the implementation of customer hardware and software.
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of customer and business needs.
- Resolve escalated customer and vendor issues.
- Resolve daily issues of a complex scope that impact the team and overall business objectives.
- Maintain a high level of employee morale within the team.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and potential impact on the support business.
- Manage and maintain vendor’s that conduct business with the organization.
- Excellent telephone and written communication skills with the ability to relay information to technical and non-technical users
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task
- Monitors and assigns support tickets to the correct team member or group
- Performs repairs and maintenance on the Company’s PC related hardware, software and peripherals.
- Applies problem solving methods to computer related hardware and software issues and recommends solutions
- Communicates the status of all problems assigned to him/her according to the existing procedures
- Documents, tracks and monitors problems to ensure a timely resolution
- Ability to work independently on projects as assigned
- Maintains appropriate inventories of PC hardware and software
- Adheres to all security procedures
- Must be willing to travel to other offices as needed
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Associates degree desirable (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an IT support or technical environment, with significant asset troubleshooting experience.
- Must be able to assist with customer inquiries if necessary.
- Familiarity with Windows 7, MS Office, Server 2008, Active Directory, Exchange, Cisco VPN, asset imaging, cable management, tracking inventory
- Proven initiative, good judgment, and ability to achieve results
- Successful management of vendor relationships
FedHill is an EO employer- M/F/Vets/Disabled