Help Desk Analyst
Federal Hill Consulting has teamed with a leading software and application development firm in our area to identify a Tier 2 Help Desk Analyst to support a large government contract in Adelphi, MD. The Tier 2 Help Desk Analyst will provide telephone, online and in-person technical customer support to resolve software and hardware issues on PC desktop and laptops in a DoD environment.
**Secret clearance is required**
- Handling incoming work orders, emails, and phone calls for a customer base of over 1500.
- Installing and troubleshooting a variety of software packages in a Windows environment.
- Setting up and troubleshooting various printers, scanners, and other peripherals.
- Assisting users with account setup, data backups, and general usage of desktop and laptop PC's.
- Computer life-cycle replacements utilizing WIN Image.
- Laptop VPN configuration and support using Cisco products.
- Deliver written weekly reports to supervisor.
- Working with Helpdesk Ticketing systems, Excel spreadsheets, and various databases.
- Maintaining systems to meet or exceed client security requirements.
- A minimum of 1 year of Help Desk experience in a Windows helpdesk environment.
- CompTIA Security+ certification required
- Possess basic troubleshooting and computer configuration skills within a Windows environment.
- Applicant must be familiar with Microsoft Office 2013, Adobe products, WIN Image, and a wide variety of COTS/GOTS software, and static TCP/IP configurations.
- Experience with CA UniCenter Service Desk and IAVM process a plus but not mandatory.
- Must have a professional friendly attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Solid communication skills; both verbal and written are must.
Job Status: Full Time