Federal Staffing Specialist
FYI - For Your Information, Inc., is a Woman-Owned Small Business GSA schedule vendor that is a premier provider of Human Capital, Training, and Information Technology services.
FYI attributes this capacity to deliver quality services to many factors, including FYI’s in-house recruiters, senior HR professionals, corporate administrative staff, and agile, committed management resources. FYI’s focus on the national, regional and local requirements of its customers, and a corporate organizational structure with sufficient depth of skills and authority to deploy and manage scalable teams, allows FYI to be responsive to the real-time needs of our Federal clients.
FYI’s Benefits/Incentives: What is in it for you?
Opportunity to work remotely (per contract requirements).
A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team.
A diverse work atmosphere.
The chance to be part of a rapidly growing company and the next success story.
Team building and innovation.
A competitive base salary with a loaded benefits package plus 401K.
Personal computer device allowance.
Summary of Position:
We are seeking an experienced and talented Human Resources (HR) Staffing Specialists to support our client Department of Commerce - YRCI in Fairfax, VA. Please note: The successful candidate will provide support remotely until the building is reopened following the pandemic. Some telework will be allowed upon reopening.
- Support high-profile and high-volume delegated examining and merit promotion recruitment activities for various agencies.
- Use knowledge and experience to support the Quality Control process. Review work of others, provide constructive corrections and recommendations for improvement as method of on-the-job training for less experienced staffing professionals.
- Review would include the job analysis, assessment questionnaire, job opportunity announcement, rating, and certificates.
- Serve as a POC for staff and clients to resolve escalated issues.
- Attend client meetings.
- May be responsible for performing job analysis, assessment questionnaires, and documenting evaluation criteria in accordance with the agency's requirements, reviewing and adjudicating veterans preference as claimed by applicants, reviewing applicant qualifications for the full range of the agency's occupations and providing written justification for the same, as requested.
- Work as a part of a team, coach, mentor, and train and HR Assistants/Specialists.
- May include oversight of team members, monitoring time and attendance, performance feedback, etc.
- Use multiple automated staffing systems, as required.
- DE Certification required (accepting expired cert's up to 5 years).
- Qualified Staffing Specialists will have a minimum of five years of operational staffing experience completing job analyses in coordination with hiring managers, posting job announcements on USAjobs, performing qualifications adjudications, and issuing selection certificates using Monster, eRecruit, Monster, USA Staffing or similar electronic staffing systems for complex Federal positions
- Recent experience working in a DEU environment is preferred.
- Ability to apply and interpret Federal HR laws, policies, and agency specific operating procedures.
- Attention to detail, data quality and data integrity
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the government required security check.
- Experience with USA Staffing is highly desired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.