Experienced Java Developer
- Use your passion to build cutting edge solutions to solve problems with the right technologies.
- Employ the values and principles of Agile development on small teams.
- Support quality development practices and pursue new and better ways to build software.
- Understand and follow emerging design to appropriately meet the business needs of our clients.
- Use what works while keeping an eye out for new and better ways.
- Actively participate in improving the code base by performing code reviews.
- Reach outside the mainstream to adopt the best of all communities: open source, Agile, programming, etc.
- Continuously improve and don't be content with the status quo. Code can always be better expressed, more elegant and simple, and higher in quality.
- Minimum 4+ years of web development experience and a 4 year college degree (preferred).
- Minimum 3+ years working in legacy or enterprise environment developing APIs and using open source technologies.
- Web development experience in Java and/or Groovy, Scala, Clojure, etc.
- Full stack development using the Spring Framework.
- Strong database skills with MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Cloud – we work on GitHub, Heroku, AWS, Azure.
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery tools – Jenkins/TeamCity, Vagrant, Puppet/Chef/etc.
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP based APIs consumption and creation.
- Build automation with Gradle or Maven.
- Automated testing with Cucumber, JUnit, JMeter, Selenium, etc.
- Design skills with experience in object-oriented methodologies, design patterns, database design, and data modeling.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to acquire and maintain a Public Trust Clearance which includes a residency requirement of living in the U.S. for at least 3 out of the last 5 years.
- Current DHS Public Trust preferred.
FedHill is an EO employer- M/F/Vets/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time