Federal Hill Consulting has partnered with an elite technology consulting firm in Arlington, VA to identify DevOps Engineers.
These DevOps Engineers will be consultants and thought leaders with great business and technology skills. We are looking for DevOps Engineers who are passionate about the confluence of automation, virtualization, and process improvement, ruthless in the elimination of manual tasks, and want to help create and promote a culture of learning and experimentation.
- Be passionate about building cutting edge solutions to solve problems with the right technologies.
- Employ the values and principles of Agile development in a team environment.
- Support quality development practices and pursue new and better ways to build and deploy software.
- Optimize continuous deployment practices currently in place on web applications teams
- Use what works while keeping an eye out for new and better ways.
- Assist developers in deployment of Ruby on Rails, Python, Java, Node.JS, and C# web based environments.
- 4-year college degree in computer science or engineering is preferred.
- Experience developing web applications and services using Python, Java, Ruby, NodeJS, or C#.
- Understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and how to build them.
- Understanding of continuous integration tools like Jenkins or TeamCity.
- Understanding of monitoring and alerting systems such as NewRelic and CloudWatch.
- Experience with Shell scripting.
- Understanding of scalable web application architecture and infrastructure.
- Understanding of configuration management tools like Chef or Puppet.
- Proven ability and willingness to learn and become certified in architecting cloud-based solutions using AWS or Azure.
- Open source Github projects showing us you’re interested in learning new technologies is a plus.
Job Status: Full Time