Federal Hill Consulting is looking for a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about the confluence of automation, virtualization, and process improvement.
Do you enjoy automating the process of software delivery and infrastructure changes emphasizing collaboration and communication of both software developers and other information-technology (IT) professionals?
Do you have experience in shortening the systems development life cycle while also delivering features, fixes, and updates frequently in close alignment with business objectives in an AWS environment?
Do you have seasoned experience in Amazon Cloud (AWS) using EC2, S3, Code Pipeline, Code Commit, Code Deploy and other related services?
If you said yes to any of these questions, we have a great career opportunity for you!
- Support Cloud development pipelines using Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Puppet and other tools as appropriate
- Support containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, other technologies
- Script and automate system tasks to reduce manual repetitive work using Terraform, Puppet and other technologies as appropriate
- Experience supporting Java applications on Tomcat
- Participate in production software deployments working closely with other members of the production support group to ensure the proper transition of system changes into the production environments
- Perform general technical trouble shooting & give consultation to development teams
- Report issues to management & work to identify root cause of system related issues
- Create & maintain technical documentation including system diagrams & operational procedures
- 3 Years of job related experience deploying, maintaining and managing AWS Cloud infrastructures.
- 3 Years of job related experience supporting continues delivery and code deployments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ Management Information Systems or related field preferred or the equivalent combination of experience, education and training, skills and abilities.
- Knowledge on various DevOps tools and technologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve application and system related issues.
- Experience in Amazon Cloud (AWS) using EC2, S3, Code Pipeline, Code Commit, Code Deploy and other related services.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and listening skills
- Strong teamwork, planning, and coordination skills
- Self-motivation, adaptability, and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction
- A full understanding of the software development life cycle (Agile and Waterfall)
- Ability to independently research and resolve technical problems in a complex IT environment with local and remote groups
FedHill is an EO employer- M/F/Vets/Disabled