Deputy Program Manager
Summary of Position:
The Deputy Program Manager shall assist the Program Manager effectively and efficiently plan, organize, and manage all employees of the Contractor that are engaged in the various duties as described herein. This shall include:
- Day-to-day administrative direction of all Contractor employees.
- Assignment of staff personnel to appropriate shifts, or employment functions/tasks/duties.
- Monitoring staff workload per labor category to ensure contract compliance.
- Establishment or improvement of procedures and controls, where necessary, to ensure that all services meet specified requirements.
- Responsible for day-to-day coordination of project activities and client contact.
- Responsible for ensuring resources are provided that are capable of performing administrative professional and technical support functions that commensurate with the contracts personnel staffing levels.
- Assist the Program Manager with the day-to-day matters under this contract to include, but not be limited to, the following: provide the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) with status reports; monitor the contract to ensure that all tasks are being properly executed; make suggestions to the COR for improvements, if any, of the operation and prevention of problems; and respond to requests from the COR, whether administrative or technical.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Contractor employees are fully qualified for the labor categories under which they are assigned and that Contractor employees perform the work efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Must have the authority to handle all disciplinary matters involving the Contractor employees and to sign all papers, documents, and/or reports on behalf of the Contractor.
- Ensure that other key personnel assigned perform all document reviews, data analysis, on-line data entry support, coordinate recommendation of revisions to user documentation, and maintain files and records, as required.
- Assist with conducting staff meetings on performance matters, including changes to processes or policy, production, issues in work products, disposition of files, attendance, and policy and procedural matters.
- Assist in the planning and development of policies and procedures for the effective and efficient management of operations.
- Review and approve status reports and properly disseminate such reports.
- Monitor the operations of the contract and all Contractor employees hired in the performance of the contract, regardless of the physical location of the employee.
- Maintain his or her own individual time and attendance record and shall ensure that the time and attendance records of all employees employed in the performance of the contract are accurate, complete, and submitted in a timely manner to ensure proper payment.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Requires 4 years program management experience and comprehensive understanding of the applicable programs and associated industry.
- Must be capable and skilled in oral and written communications and able to apply these skills in communicating with all levels of management.
- Must be technically qualified in all aspects of contract management and ensure that all tasks identified are completed in accordance with contract requirements.
- Must be skilled in planning, supervisory, leadership, financial, and operational skills combined with the ability to develop and implement strategies and action plans to achieve desired objectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.