Federal Hill Consulting has partnered with a leading software development and data analytics consulting firm to build a team of Data Engineers to support a high profile US Government project.
The Data Engineer participates in the design and build of modern data products that comprise of raw data stores (data lakes) and cleansed data repositories, populated by batch or streaming data pipelines. The Data Engineer works with a team to create a robust, sustainable and flexible design and leads the technical delivery using Agile delivery frameworks like Scrum or Kanban.
- Developing and managing data processes to ensure that data is available and usable
- Creation and automation of data pipelines and platforms
- Managing and monitoring data quality via automated testing frameworks (Data Driven Testing, TDD, etc.)
- Working closely with Architects, Data Scientists, and DevOps to design, build, test, deliver, and maintain sustainable and highly scalable data solutions
- Researching data acquisition and evaluating suitability
- Integration of data management solutions into client environment
- Actively managing risks to data and ensuring there is a data recovery plan
- Building data repositories such as: data warehouses, data lakes, and operational data stores, etc.
- 3+ years relevant professional work experience.
- Experience and expertise in the following:
- Creating robust and extensible data pipelines for production systems
- Use of cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- Creating secure, performant, and well-modeled data stores
- Common analytical platform architectural patterns (Star Schema, data integration patterns, ABAC, data quality frameworks etc.)
- Data lake design patterns and technology options (schema on read, metadata capture, search framework)
- Use of scripting languages, preferably Python
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Source code version control management using git
- Project experience using the Scrum or Kanban framework.
- Professionalism; to include written and oral communication - the ability to communicate collaboratively in front of a whiteboard. An ability to understand your audience and adjust your communication style to fit
- Aptitude and desire for learning new technologies.
- Technically savvy, entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in environments that reward self-initiative and resourcefulness.
- Due to government regulations all candidates must be US Citizens.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need
Pay: $115,000 to $160,000/year
$115000 to $160000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time