Customer Support Engineer
• Answer incoming phone calls from Cogent's customers on their Layer 1, 2, and 3 services. • Work with Cogent customers via phone and e-mail to indentify and resolve their service related issues.
• Clearly document all steps taken to identify and resolve a customer reported issue.
• Manage a queue of customer created tickets, ensuring that customers are updated with their status and progress is being made towards resolving their issue.
• Work with and coordinate effectively with all members of the Customer Support team, other Cogent teams, as well as vendors in order to ensure swift resolution of customer issues.
• Ability to work professionally with customers, vendors, and internal groups under all circumstances.
• Manage customer expectations and escalation and de-escalate the situation as necessary. • Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
• The ideal candidate must possess a B.S. degree in Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications/training, or work experience.
• Cisco equipment experience and certifications (CCNA) will be highly valued.
• Strong technical knowledge in the area of networking (TCP/IP), IP protocols (BGP, IGP, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS...), IP addressing, DNS's and IP-VPN's is desired.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service to Cogent Customers.
• Must excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
• Reliable employment history with strong attendance and punctuality records.
• Availability to work on a shift including one Weekend day. (Flexibility a MUST).
This position is located in Washington, DC Headquarters.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Job Status: Full Time