Director, Shared Services
The Shared Services Director working at the direction of the Senior Vice President, Digital Services Team is an internal service provider supporting all IT departments. The Shared Services Director directs strategic and tactical planning for the development and operation of an integrated shared services program and function. Provides leadership in the continued growth and adherence to process and policy, IT contracts, quality assurance, and execution of technical projects. The incumbent will manage a team of subject matter experts in each area responsible for shared services tasks with a goal of consistent and predictable service delivery that results in efficiencies, quality, and cost savings. Successful execution of job responsibilities will enable CSBS IT teams to deliver and support applications and systems which meet or exceed business requirements. Effectively manages technology vendor relationships and ensures proper controls and oversight are provided.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Advises management on initiatives and prioritization of shared services objectives associated with IT Service Management, IT Contracts Management, Product Development, Quality Assurance (QA) and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), as well as other services beneficial across all IT departments
• Collaborate with CSBS business partners and IT to ensure that developed and executed services achieve business objectives, are fit for purpose, and are in line with existing enterprise-level policy
• Develops appropriate governance frameworks and mechanisms for the effective use of information and technology to create value and manage risk
• Review and analyze existing organizational practices to identify enhancement opportunities through the modification of existing policy, process, services, and systems
• Design, develop and implement key metric dashboards across all shared services functions • Manage staff responsible for IT contract-related activities to include reviewing new and existing agreements, negotiating contract terms and pricing, assisting with modifications/change orders, conducting market research, requirements gathering, developing statements of work and other pre-solicitation documentation, and assisting with technical evaluation panels
• Identifies outsourcing needs and completes vendor relationship management
• Manage staff and contracts tasked with efficiently and effectively application testing, QA and IV&V support roles within application deployment pipeline
• Works with development teams and stakeholders throughout development process to understand, identify, create, and execute test plans, implement QA standards and checklists, and test strategies
• Applies knowledge of enterprise IT needs to design improved processes and generate valid requirements
• Assists in the creation and management of IT processes, policies and procedures to improve IT operations and efficiency
• Manage staff in the performance of delegated tasks, including recruitment, hiring and retention, and performance assessments
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert for areas of support and shared services practice delivery
• Participates in the development of team strategic and tactical goals
• Routine review, feedback, and approvals of Shared Services deliverables
• Attend and host meetings and provide support in the form of targeted agendas, meeting notes, communications, and follow-up delivery
• Manage Shared Services staff through recurring meetings, task assignments and prioritization, manage risks, define objectives, evaluate progress, complete performance reviews and team reports
• Maintain relevant and current professional knowledge via in-house training, online resources, attendance at professional events, and personal investment in continued education and certifications
• Other duties, as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
• B.S. / B.A. degree or equivalent required
• Industry certification and training in areas such as Agile, ITIL, CMMI, Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, and Six Sigma desired
• 8+ years of professional experience in IT, including experience in Software Development Lifecycle, IT Service Management Processes, IT contracts, and broad-based IT experience, including overarching operations and management
• Previous experience using Contracts Management, Project Management, Knowledge Management, and Process Management tools
• Previous experience and knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) framework, Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline methods and DevOps tools and practices
• Previous experienced and knowledge of procurement practices, vendor and contract management
• Previous experience gathering, analyzing, and documenting product functional and non-function requirements
• Must have proven business and technology skills, with success providing customer-oriented technology solutions environment.
• Must be eligible to obtain or currently possess a U.S. Government clearance at the Public Trust Moderate (NACI) level or higher.
• Due to Government Regulations, Must be a United States citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) with at least three (3) years consecutive residence in the United States as indicated on the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) LPR issued card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated relationship building, people management and leadership skills with a superior ability to make things happen through influence and by nurturing key relationships.
• Excellent verbal and writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels.
• Excellent time-management and prioritization skills.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Strong planning and task management skills.
• Ability to adapt and manage diverse skill sets.
• Office work environment
• Occasional travel outside Washington D.C. area (1-3 days per quarter)
FedHill is an EO employer- M/F/Vets/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time