Cloud Security Engineer (AWS/Azure)
The Cloud Security Specialist is responsible for establishing guidance and monitoring the security of the cloud infrastructure. The Security Specialist must have knowledge of every aspect of information security within the cloud services. They ensure that the development and implementation of security requirements and security practices are incorporated throughout the system lifecycle and maintenance of solutions, applications, and products to minimize risk.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
The successful candidate will perform hands-on tasks to monitor and manage the security posture of our cloud services. Our cloud infrastructure is utilized across the country; in this role, the Cloud Security Specialist will be responsible for participating in the analysis and evaluation of cloud services design, engineering practices, and architecture.
Essential Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participates on a team for providing expert analysis of cloud cybersecurity architecture, compliance with Federal regulation and policy, and commercial best practices relating to cloud security.
• Review, analyze, discuss, and evaluate the implementation of security controls in multiple information system environments, including dynamic cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
• Evaluate the performance of ongoing security maintenance, for example, continuous monitoring (ConMon) or continuous diagnostics and mitigation (CDM). Assess the ability of the service provider to maintain an acceptable security posture/ risk threshold on a monthly basis.
• Analyze risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and cyber protection (security architecture) requirements as they relate to the ongoing security risk posture of the system.
• Manage and monitor Cloud Security and Compliance services
• Troubleshoot and resolve security issues with cloud service offerings.
• Monitor and communicate to stakeholders the performance of the security services.
• Ensure the security service delivery meets the business requirements.
• Assist with the creation of policies around the proper use of Cloud Security and Compliance
• Collaborate with other IT staff to facilitate effective issue resolution.
• Design processes and procedures for public, private, and hybrid cloud integration
• Analyze security requirements for cloud implementation and integration
Additional Technical Skills
• Must have knowledge of cloud solution principals and technologies.
• Experience in public cloud environment (Azure, O365 and AWS)
• Knowledge of IT security solutions (Cloud Access Security Broker, Data Leakage Prevention, Multi Factor Authentication, Data Rights Management, etc.)
• Cloud security concepts and protection. Experience with AWS Security and IDM is a huge plus.
• Ability to multitask using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking
details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
• Capability to work as an effective member of cross-functional team.
• Knowledge of common application vulnerabilities, current threat vectors and mitigations.
• Participate in the enterprise Incident Response Plan and participate in incident response activities.
• Ability to work in a team environment. Effective working with matrix teams across
• Ability to work with external service providers.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Monitor industry trends for changes in physical and cyber security challenges and implement
planning, policy and procedure changes in response.
• Contribute to industry and government forums that develop industry guidance and
regulations regarding security practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities
listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
Education & Certification
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an information technology or information security
• Certifications: CISSP, GIAC, CCSP or equivalent certification desired. Any cloud
certifications a plus.
• 3+ years of information security experience.
• 2+ years of cloud security compliance experience.
• Experience with security controls for an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service
(PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud paradigms.
• Must be a United States Citizen due to government regulations and able to obtain or currently possess a U.S. Government clearance at the Public Trust Moderate (MBI) level or higher.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.