Central Office Engineer
Federal Hill Consulting is looking for a Central Office Engineer to work out of Washington, DC or Herndon, VA.
- Specify, order and track space and power requirements at hub sites and collocation centers.
- Calculate power needs for various equipment configurations.
- Size and specify generator requirements, AC feeds, cables and transformers.
- Coordinate power maintenance with field and network operations
- Manage, track and optimize existing space and power inventory
- Work with Network Planning to project and optimize space and power requirements at over 1000 sites globally.
- Work with Real Estate managing vendors.
- Work with Information Systems on specifying tools to manage space and power inventory.
- Maintain proficiency in up-to-date technological developments in electrical power systems (AC and DC), cable management systems and equipment infrastructure.
- Provide Coordination between field managers and main office on construction projects.
- 5+ years experience with central office and/or data center infrastructure
- Working knowledge of AC and DC power systems
- Experience designing central offices, data centers and rack layouts.
- The ability to travel 20% of the time
- Project management experience.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- High-energy individual with interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate peers, and drive project to completion
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience, certifications, or training
- Experience managing vendors and carriers
- Familiarity with telco operations
- Successful project management experience
Job Status: Full Time