Appian Technical Lead
The Appian Technical Lead, working at the direction of the Technical Lead Manager, Enterprise Infrastructure Team, will provide technical support in the development and operations of Appian products and solutions. The Appian Technical Lead will participate in all phases of the Appian project lifecycle and collaborate with Product Owners, Digital Services, and Information Security teams to ensure the delivery of secure enterprise services that match design specifications and meet business requirements. The Appian Technical Lead will be a leader within our Appian end-user application delivery team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- The Appian Technical Lead must provide expert leadership and guidance on projects, including enterprise application architecture, design review, technical mentorship, performance testing, scaling, and industry specific knowledge. The Appian Technical Lead must utilize Appian's Best Practices and industry best practices when operating and maintaining existing solutions, and to architect and design Business Process Management (BPM) implementations that reduce overall project risk. The Appian Technical Lead must design solutions (platform, system, and process) architectures based on end-user requirements and complete design reviews of project team deliverables to ensure adherence to best practices, maximize reuse, and minimize technical debt.
- The Appian Technical Lead must have experience in creating process-based applications using BPM Suite, which bring efficiencies to human-centric business processes. The Appian Technical Lead must also possess diverse technical expertise, including process modeling, user interface design, and data modeling. The Appian Technical Lead must have experience working directly with end-users and product owners to ensure that the functionality of an application meets their requirements.
- The Appian Technical Lead must have hands-on development experience deploying a large-scale Appian application with over 50,000 users.
- Maintain architectural integrity and oversight over Appian applications across the enterprise by conducting Architectural reviews to encourage use of common Appian components and reusable components as possible, minimizing customizations.
- Set Architectural Policies and Develop Developer Guidelines and other governance documentation to maintain consistency and adherence to Appian design/development/deployment best practices.
- Maintain oversight and coordination across various application teams to coordinate release activities.
- Analyze new and complex project-related problems and create innovative solutions that normally involve the schedule, technology, methodology, tools, solution components, and financial management of the project.
- Look for opportunities to improve all operations processes.
- Evaluate, build, and modify automation for deploying and operating production services.
- Create, assess, update, and maintain documentation pertaining to Product Lines.
- Develop and adhere to technical standards, security requirements, specifications, and best practices
Minimum of five years of professional experience as an Appian Developer. Experience should include the designing, developing, scaling, and performance testing of an Enterprise level Appian application that supports mission-critical, high availability systems with a national presence.
- Level 3 Appian A-Score
- 5+ years of experience building and delivering Appian software applications
Education and Experience
- B.S. / B.A. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Level 3 Appian A-Score
- Experience with project management software like Jira or CA Clarity preferred
- Experience working as part of Agile development and working knowledge of SAFe methodologies desired
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels
- Knowledge of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
- Must be eligible to obtain or currently possess a U.S. Government clearance at the Public Trust Moderate (NACI) level or higher
- Must be a United States citizen due to government clearance requirments.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, as well as ability to interact and communicate with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly and skillfully.
- Strong logical and analytical thinker.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Can anticipate risks and mitigate in the moment.
- Comfortable under high-stress and exhibits poise and focus.
- Five or more years of experience with Appian paltform
- Understanding of API protocols such as REST and SOAP
- Level 3 Appian A-Score
- Understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP / IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Working knowledge and experience with Single Sign-On and SAML, preferably Okta
- Experience using APIs and RESTful services
- Database administration experience a plus, preferably Oracle
- ServiceNow administration experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need